Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sleep deprivation + Hormones= 1 GRUMPY Momma

Wow! I have been one grumpy lady the last few days. Why? You might ask, well I have figured it out. Yes folks I have been severely sleep deprived, and last night when I looked in the mirror I discovered something I have never before seen on my face. A zit on my cheek!!! Yes, I have had zits before, but never on the side of my face. Which has brought me to the realization that on top of being a walking zombie, my hormones are going crazy.

My poor husband has been the brunt of all this grumpiness. I mean really is it his fault that he buries his head under the pillows so he doesn't hear Amelia when she wakes up in the middle of the night to eat? I can't expect him to grow a breast and start feeding her can I? Although that would be nice. Is it his fault that I am in jeans 3 sizes bigger than my normal size, and that I have skin and fat hanging over in every direction? I know it takes time to get my body back in shape, and I also know that I have to work at it. It does upset me to know the hard journey I am facing and so yes, I took that out on him also. After getting a decent night sleep last night (thanks to little Amelia) I was able to think more clearly and have realized that I had been acting like the next Kate Gosselin. I definitely do not want to turn into that kind of wife, so I am so very sorry for acting like I have Aaron, please forgive me.

I need to keep in mind these beautiful reasons below as to why I am so very blessed, and not focus on the yukky little things that are only a small season of my life. As my GrandMary has always told me "nothing lasts forever".













1 comment:

  1. Aww...hang in there, Sarah!! :o) Those days are so tough, I know.

    ReplyDelete