Have I ever told you what a wonderful husband I have? If I haven't, I am telling you now. He treats me like a princess, and he always has. But, since the kids have come along things aren't always about me anymore. That's the way it should be, and I wouldn't expect it to be any other way.
However, for the last 3 days, I felt like I was queen of the world. He invited me to go with him during his business trip to Dallas and Austin. He dropped me off at malls while he had meetings, and let me shop, shop, shop. He told me I deserved it, I didn't argue. He took me to nice restaurants, and let me do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. It was wonderful, and I was reminded of how lucky I was to have someone love me like that, so unselfishly. I could have stayed another day or two, away from my children just to have that kind of attention. Is that bad of me to say? Maybe. But, I am being honest. It was nice not to have to make meals, or make bottles, or clean, or do baths, or do bedtime, or, or, or, or. I am sounding ungrateful for what I've been blessed with, but I'm not. It was the first time I have been away from the kids since way before Amelia has been born, and it was overdue. I think it's healthy for every mom to take time for themselves and be a "princess" for a little while. Don't you? Thank you so much to my parent's for watching the kids, and thank you to Pammaw for watching Max (the dog). I soooo appreciated it.
I came back feeling refreshed, more patient, and grateful... Grateful for my prince, for my children, our parent's, and for everything God has blessed me with.



No comments:
Post a Comment