skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Well, this week marks the 6th week little Amelia has been in this world. Not only that, but it also marks the week that I get to start exercising again. Yay!! I am ready for the fat to get off this body of mine. I am bigger now than I was at 6 weeks post partum with my other two. That is a little discouraging to me, but I am very determined to get this baby weight off. I have been thinking of the perfect way to jump start my exercise regime for the last 6 weeks, and I had come to the conclusion that instead of running off the weight (like I did with my other 2) I was going to do some sort of all over body workout. You see running is great for burning calories, but it doesn't strengthen your entire body. A couple of weeks ago I saw an infomercial for this program called insanity. It looked like just the thing for me. It is hard core cardio interval training, 40 minutes long, and you use your own body weight for resistance (that way I wouldn't have to go out and buy weights or bands).....so the next day I ordered it.
Today marks day 3 of the insanity program, and I can barely walk. It hurts to raise my arms, and it hurts to roll over in bed, and I love it! I love the feeling of using my body to it's full capacity (which isn't much right now), I love the feeling of doing something to help get my rear in gear and in shape. I have to take breaks, and modify some of the exercises, but I am determined. My goal is to keep up with him and not have to modify the exercises by the end of the 60 days. My sister in law Jill is doing it also, and I would like to challenge any of you to try insanity if you are wanting to get in shape, and lose fat. I don't think you'll be disappointed!!
you're insane...no pun intended! hehehe!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you told me about this! I am loving it also.
ReplyDelete