Yesterday was a clean-up day at the Junk house. So, basically what that entails is the kids cleaning their rooms and their playrooms, and then I will pick-up/ clean everything else (If Aaron is around, he will help; more often than not he is not around. I think he plans it that way ;). As I was busy cleaning up the main floor, I decided to go and check on the kids to see how they were doing. Well, I just about lost it. What I saw wasn't my 2 kids cleaning like they were told. No, they were in Avery's playroom breaking all the crayons! Are you kidding me?! My kids know better than that. We work very hard at teaching our kids to respect their things, so I was completely baffled by what I saw, and I lost it, even think I yelled a little, okay maybe more than a little. As a part of the consequences, I took away their playrooms for a week. I know I probably overreacted, but once I say it, I have to follow through. After I cooled down a little, I remembered looking at this blog. And, decided to make new crayons out of all the broken ones, just like she instructed.
This is how you do it:
5. Sit them out and let them cool for a couple of minutes, and then put in the freezer until firm (takes about 10 minutes).
This is how you do it:
1. Get a pile of all the broken crayons
2. Then peel all of the crayons-whew! It takes a while, and is a good form of extra punishment if your children ever break crayons!
3. Sort the crayons into a mini muffin pan-don't forget to spray the pan with some pam (I forgot, and it was a little harder to get them out).
4. put in the oven at 275 degrees for 7-8 minutes5. Sit them out and let them cool for a couple of minutes, and then put in the freezer until firm (takes about 10 minutes).
7. Color, and enjoy your new fat crayons!
Of course I wouldn't forget to put a pic of Amelia on here. I love this new headband I ordered, and just ordered a couple more. They fit her perfectly, and are great for babies without much hair. I got them from here.Hope you all had a great weekend. We had fun with my cousin, and her daughter, and hope to see them again soon.




What a cute idea! Peeling the crayons as punishment I think was effective. I know that I wouldn't want to do it.
ReplyDelete