Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SaRayRay

Yesterday evening the kids and I were going over to my friend Ryan's house for a little play time since both of our husband's were out of town.  As I was stalled in her neighborhood waiting for a car to get out of the middle of the street, 2 teenage boys were staring my way.  I had the sunroof open, but all the windows were rolled up.  I am quite certain they thought I couldn't hear what they were saying, or maybe they just didn't care if I heard (we all know how teenagers can be).  Nonetheless, I couldn't believe what was coming out of their mouths, just listen for yourselves.  "YO chick, I like yo rims." said one of the boys, and the other boy chimed in with "Yeah, you be pimpin' in dat ride!"  On one hand I wanted to crawl in a hole, and on the other I wanted to die laughing.

This is hilarious given the fact I never notice wheels, and didn't think much about them when we purchased the vehicle, until my husband, and dad, and brother, and every other male that sees it automatically comments on those "rims".  Some of our friends have even started calling me SaRayRay, with Aaron's encouragement of course.  Everyone who knows me, knows that I am the furthest thing from wanting to "be pimpin" it--Agh!  Maybe the "rims" are the reason we got such a great deal on our car.  We found it in a little farm town in Illinois, and I'm guessing those "rims" didn't appeal much to the farmers in that community.  For now, I will just have to continue living with the surname SaRayRay, and I am going to "just accept it" (that is a phrase I have learned well from my GrandMary). 



My car has been filthy, filthy, filthy.  I am surprised no one has written the words "wash me" on it.  Since today was such a beautiful day, I thought the kids and I could wash the car in the driveway.  I was pleased at what a good job they did.  Just see for yourselves.



And here are the pimpin' rims!

Where was Amelia during all this?  In her little exersaucer of course.  Poor little thing gets put in it a lot, but she doesn't seem to mind as long as she can keep an eye on us.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! They really probably were giving you a compliment. I know very little about "rims" also, except that some of the "rides" here have spinning ones (which drive me crazy!). They are shiny. Deacon looks like he is working very hard to clean them up.

    ReplyDelete