Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Better late than never

It has been over a month since I have blogged.  I guess partly because we have been super busy around the Junk household, and secondly I've just not had the desire to do it.  But, I sooo wanted to put this special trip on here to remember.
Avery turned 6 on Nov. 1st.  So, for her birthday we gave her the option to either have a party, or go and visit her best friend Hannah who moved to Colorado a few months ago.  Without any hesitation she blurted out "I want to go see Hannah."  Well, that was a win win for me, because 1.) I didn't have to plan a party, and 2.) I was also able to see one of my best friends, remember this post?  As a plus, Jill and Vonda went along on the trip also.  
It was so cute to see Hannah and Avery when they first saw each other.  They acted like nothing had changed, I pray their friendship remains special like that.  You know those friendships that no matter how long you've been apart, you can just pick back up without any awkwardness?  I cherish those type of friendships the most, and so, of course I want that for Avery. 
Christi took Hannah and Avery to go and get their hair and nails done for Avery's birthday on Saturday morning.  It might have been one of the cutest things I have seen.  Avery was on cloud 9.
A big thank you to Christi for doing this,  Avery is still talking about how cool this was.  

Later that day we went to Estes Park to go on a trail ride.  What a fun fun experience.  
We had a little time to kill before our horses were ready for us, so Josh took us to see the elk, and then into town to walk around and explore.  

Here is a picture of all of us minus Josh (he was taking the pic)

Hannah and Avery got some new cowgirl boots for their trail ride. 

We each had one of these yummy caramel apples. 

Here everyone is on their horses (the picture of Christi and myself on our horses isn't uploading for some reason).

This is the view we had on our ride.....beautiful!

This picture makes me laugh.  Do you see the horse all by herself?  That's Jill, she rode Charlie, and Charlie was as slow as molasses.  If any of you have ever ridden on a trail ride, you all know how slow it is to begin with right?  Well, poor Charlie couldn't or wouldn't even keep up with that pace.  There were several times we had to stop and wait for poor Charlie!  

We had a wonderful trip to Colorado, and a big thank you to the Skow's for showing us such a great time.  Miss you guys so much still, but at least I know you all are only a plane ride away!


No comments:

Post a Comment