Wednesday, January 12, 2011

obsessed about....

I have been absolutely obseesed with 2 things lately
Drumroll please....
Yes, that's right.  The Container Store and the labeler.  I have been to the Container Store 3 times with in the last week (and it's a 30 min. drive one way).  I am a woman on a mission, and boy do they have great ideas on organizing.  My last visit there, the cashier was sharing with me how becoming organized is addicting, I agreed.  She then told me how much fun she has going over to others to help them organize, I didn't agree.  I am not that kind of addict yet.  
I also have been labeling containers and shelves like crazy.  I read an article on organizing, and they suggest you label all containers and shelves so everyone knows where something is, and then they/you can replace it exactly where it belongs so you can STAY organized.  I liked that idea.  So, now labeling queen may become my new name.  
Below are a few things I've started labeling minus my pen/pencil drawer, and snack pantry. 
I'm not wanting to share this to pat my own back, but I love getting ideas from others on various things, so I thought I could share some organizing ideas I used.  A lot of them mostly came from my friend Ryan, I'm trying to get her to start sharing organizing tips of the day on her blog, but I don't think she's going for it.  
*BTW  The Container Store is having there sale going on until Feb. 14 just in case you all get the urge to get organized!

I finally remembered to take before pictures of a few drawers I was organizing.  The top picture  is the before, the bottom picture is the after.  Beware the before was not pretty, but it is what you would see if you opened my drawer.


 
*The dreadful junk drawer, becomes tolerable when you use several different size bins to put the stuff in.  

The biggest aha moment came when I realized that a drawer or cabinet will never stay organized if it doesn't have a compartment or bin to go in.   I would periodically go through drawers, and arrange them all nice and neat looking thinking I was "organizing" things, only to be discouraged in a few days when it all looked messy again.  So, if nothing else make sure all the things in your house have a home.  I have a while to go before everything in my house has a "home", but I am slowly getting there.  Remember, one drawer, one cabinet, one closet, and one room at a time :).

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Tattoo workstation and Portable tattoo workstation. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic and Spa&Equipment websites.

    ReplyDelete