When we got off the airplane on Saturday morning I heard clapping around me, and looked to see what was going on. I quickly noticed a group of older men in wheelchairs wearing WWII veteran hats. That alone gave me chills. Then as we were walking to the baggage claim I heard a band playing all the armed service hymn songs. Aaron and I both had tears in our eyes, as we were indeed proud to be an American, and we were so grateful that these men sacrificed so much for our freedom. Aaron informed me that there are honor flight programs that give WWII vets the opportunity to fly in and see the WWII memorial. How cool is that? I was moved, and had to get my camera out to take some pics.
My plan on Sunday was to wake up early and take some pics of the monuments, and memorials before the tourists arrived. Well, Jenny got up early with me, and took me around to some of the places, but it was raining too hard to get the pics at that time. So later that morning after breakfast we all went to the Washington monument, WWII memorial, and the Lincoln. I didn't get the shots I envisioned getting because of all those darn tourist! Oh, well! As Avery would say...."You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit."









No comments:
Post a Comment