Avery: Mom, how old are you going to be tomorrow?
Me: 32
Avery: So does that mean you are going to be fatter tomorrow?
Me: Lord, I hope not.
Avery: Then are you going to be taller tomorrow?
Me: No, I have stopped growing taller a long time ago.
Avery: Oh, I know. You are going to turn all crinkly tomorrow.
Me: You mean wrinkly?
Avery: Yes, because you are getting old.
Me: Yes, I am getting older, but I hope I'm not going to get "all crinkly" just yet.
Avery: Oh.
Then, just like that she goes on to something else, leaving me sitting there thinking about how old I am getting, but you know what? It beats the alternative, even if I am getting "all crinkly."



I love this post!!! :o)
ReplyDeleteTOO CUTE!
ReplyDeletevery cute!!! and you are far from being crinkly! :-)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. My 4yo thought she was complimenting me yesterday when she told me that she'd colored all of her coloring book monsters to have one yellow tooth, just like mine.
ReplyDeleteAw, Sarah, gotta love it. Kids are so funny.
ReplyDeleteSarah, this is a great post! Gotta love kids and their honesty, but you are far from crinkly!! Happy Birthday, love you!
ReplyDelete