Sunday, January 17, 2010

A little getaway

 
On Friday the kids and I went with Aaron to Springfield.  While he attended his business appointments, I hung out with the 3 kiddos.  I have never really traveled around Springfield much, so I used the GPS to get me to my favorite store-Target.  It said there was one just 4 miles away; not too bad, right?  Wrong!  I never knew driving 4 miles could take so long, I think I could've run faster!  On top of that, Amelia was done with being in the car, and she was screaming at the top of her lungs during the entire trip there and back.  By the end of it I was ready to start screaming too!

When Aaron was done with his appointments, we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house that live there.  We had a wonderful visit full of good conversation, good food, fun toys to play with, and beautiful paintings to look at (my uncle is an amazing artist, he let the kids each pick out a painting to take home- thank you Uncle John).  We planned on staying at a hotel, but we were having such a good time that we accepted their invitation for us to stay there. 

On Saturday we thought we might drive on to Branson to see what we could see.  FYI, there is not much going on there, during the middle of January.  One place that was open was Ripley's Believe It or Not.  The entry fee was $13.95 for adults, and $8.95 for children - ouch! (the value/money trade-off was questionable for me)  I was excited to see all the cool stuff inside, I mean for that price it ought to be full of amazing things right?  Yes, there were some cool things, so here are a few of them...









Minus the few screaming/crying episodes that Amelia had in the car, and the early 2 a.m. wake-up call Avery and Deacon gave us on Saturday morning, we had a great time.  It was wonderful just being together as a family.



1 comment: