Tuesdays are terrific in the Junk house because they are our "chill-out" days. It is the only day of the week that we don't have to go anywhere or do anything, and the kids and I love it. Today the kids wanted to paint, I usually find every excuse in the book to not let them do it, because I know what it entails.....a big huge mess! But today I went along with it, and you know what? It wasn't bad at all. I actually had fun watching them create their little masterpieces. I was so proud of the job they did, that I wanted to share it with you.
Here Avery is painting her butterfly, apple tree, flower, sky, and sun painting. She also did color by numbers for the first time today. I know I am biased, but I think she does pretty good for a 5 year-old (way better than her 32 year-old mom could do).
And here Deacon is creating... Oh, wait, I forgot what he told me it was, but I think it is just grand! And don't think I would leave this bundle of joy out. She is starting to get rolls, and I just love it!
*I got the idea of Terrific Tuesdays from a friend of mine that does a weekly post called Wordless Wednesdays. I thought it was genius, so I decided to do something similar. You can see her blog here




They are just so precious!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of having a "chill out" day. Both hubs and I work full time, and we tend to jam pack each and every minute of our weekends. When we do end up with a day where we have "nothing to do", we both enjoy it immensely!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
It's funny that you've directed people to my blog and now I'm taking a 10-week break from my Wordless Wednesdays! ;o) Love your pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way with play-doh as you are with paint. I usually try to steer little man in a different direction when it comes up.
ReplyDeleteThe kids did a great job painting. I bet baby Amelia can't wait to get in on the action.