Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Help please!

Help please!!
Attention all you decorators out there!  I am at a loss as to what to do with the fireplace we have.  Our house was built in the 80's, and so well, it is very 80's!  Originally we were going to put a flat screen up there, but have recently decided against it, and so now I am at square 1.  Our colors in the room are: yellows, greens, reds, and chocolate brown.  Our house is very rustic and lodgey (if that's even a word), when I look at the fireplace area now, it looks like deer antlers should be hanging up!  However, that is just not my decorating style.  I would love to brighten it up, but I can't paint it because of the wood ceiling. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any good websites to go to for decorating or fixing up a mantle area?  I desperately need your help!  Thank you!



5 comments:

  1. I don't have any ideas, but man is that a gorgeous fireplace!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably add... i am not gifted in the area of decorating.... that is why I have no ideas... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.carpentree.com they have some of the most awesome rustic tin stuff! Carpentree is a company we carried in our Christian Bookstore along with P Grahm Dunn! www.pgrahamdunn.com!You know some of these places or decoration places you can send them a picture and they could give you ideas....also celebrating home has some pretty cool stuff too! website www.gwenhelmka.com this lady helped my mom with the humongous horse picture she had in her living room! All ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I can't wait to look at all those websites Kyla! Thank you so much for the info, hopefully I can figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, like Kassie, am not very decoratoratively inclined. I just wanted to say that I love all the windows around the fireplace and, actually, like the way it looks. I'd love to see a picture of that whole room.

    ReplyDelete