We woke up this morning to rain, rain, rain. Every since we got the kids their Mickey and Minnie umbrellas from NYC, they have to go out in the rain and use them every chance they get. We had a bit of a dilemma though, because they also wanted to wear their rain boots. Deacon's rain boots were too small, so guess what sweet Avery did? She decided to let him have her boots, and she wore her crocs (it is times like that, that I swell up with joy).


After the rain stopped they decided to put their snow boots on so they could both splash in the puddles. Oh, the fun you have when you are a child.



Yes, they did get a bath, afterward and got normal looking clothes on. We then did our weekly (or biweekly) trip to Target. While we were there you'll never guess what we saw: Rain boots. And sweet Avery surprised me again with joy when she said, "mommy I can still wear my froggie rain boots, you can let Deacon pick out a new pair instead, I don't need any." What?!! Did I hear that right? That was twice in one day, that she put someone else before herself, is she growing up or what? A tradition that I started recently is that if both kids are good at Target I will let them get some popcorn there. Yes, it is a bribe, and I know experts say you shouldn't bribe your children, but you know what? I enjoy the popcorn also, and sometimes it's not always about the kids :).
Having a picnic in the back of the car when we got home. Can I just say Target popcorn is YUMMY!!
Here are the new rain boots. Deacon didn't have them on for more than 2 minutes before he got them dirty. Oh well, that's just part of it.
Climbing up a mud/dirt pile. Oh, what it would be like to be a kid again, and just play all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment