Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The story behind the helmets






This last weekend we brought our four wheeler out to Pammaw's for our kids and all of the cousins to ride on it with their uncle Aaron.  Me being the worry wart decided that we had to buy the kids helmets before letting them ride on it.  So we went to Brad's Scooter store at the Mills to get the kids fitted for helmets.  I cringed just a little when the man showed Deacon the camo one, in my mind I was picturing a bright blue or green one, but no, once Deacon saw the camo one it was all over.  That was the one he was going to get, no ifs ands or buts.  He thought he was the coolest kid on the planet, and had to carry this helmet (that was 1/2 as big as he was) all the way to the car, which let me tell you was a long way.   Avery on the other hand, was not that excited about it, she could hardly stand to have the thing on her head long enough to take a ride on the four wheeler.  However, that all changed once she saw how cool her cousins thought the helmet was.  You know it is always so funny, how easy their minds can be changed when they find out what another kid thinks of things.  Anyway, because these helmets were such a big deal to the kids-especially Deacon, I figured I better post some pics of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment