A few weeks ago I was playing on my favorite toy: my mac.
I was messing with some of the pictures I had taken, when I saw some funny little looking graphics. So I started deleting all those funny looking graphics, and then all of a sudden I lost all of my iphoto pics. Agh! I was frantic, and panicked. Those had all of my kids baby pictures on them, and all of our precious memories on them, what was I going to do? I called the apple hot line, and he told me they were probably all gone, and I wouldn't be able to retrieve them. What!!? I was dumb, and hadn't backed up any of my pics since September of 09, and that meant I didn't have any of Amelia's birth pictures. I was sick to my stomach, and couldn't sleep that night. After going through the entire grieving process, I accepted the fact that Amelia would probably just think she was adopted.
Well, my good friend Ryan has a friend Dale that works on macs daily, and he said he would be willing to try to find my pics. So, on Tuesday I went over to her house to meet Dale. I was pretty sure my pics were gone for good, but I figured it was worth a try to have him look for them. And to my utter amazement he found them within less than a minute! Can you believe that? He is a miracle worker, and my new favorite person. Thank God for Dale, I will be eternally grateful to him, and I am sure Amelia will be also. Now she will know that she was not adopted. And yes, I backed up all my pics the very next day. I am encouraging you all to do so also, you never know when they could be gone.
I was messing with some of the pictures I had taken, when I saw some funny little looking graphics. So I started deleting all those funny looking graphics, and then all of a sudden I lost all of my iphoto pics. Agh! I was frantic, and panicked. Those had all of my kids baby pictures on them, and all of our precious memories on them, what was I going to do? I called the apple hot line, and he told me they were probably all gone, and I wouldn't be able to retrieve them. What!!? I was dumb, and hadn't backed up any of my pics since September of 09, and that meant I didn't have any of Amelia's birth pictures. I was sick to my stomach, and couldn't sleep that night. After going through the entire grieving process, I accepted the fact that Amelia would probably just think she was adopted.
Well, my good friend Ryan has a friend Dale that works on macs daily, and he said he would be willing to try to find my pics. So, on Tuesday I went over to her house to meet Dale. I was pretty sure my pics were gone for good, but I figured it was worth a try to have him look for them. And to my utter amazement he found them within less than a minute! Can you believe that? He is a miracle worker, and my new favorite person. Thank God for Dale, I will be eternally grateful to him, and I am sure Amelia will be also. Now she will know that she was not adopted. And yes, I backed up all my pics the very next day. I am encouraging you all to do so also, you never know when they could be gone.


No comments:
Post a Comment