Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine Inspiration

There is this good friend of mine that is such an inspiration to me.  She works full time, is a mother of two, and is always making the cutest darn things!  I don't know how she has the time to do it all, she just never ceases to amaze me.

So, after seeing her love is in the air post, I got inspired to try my hand at making something creative for the kids valentine's this year.  I cut out 6" strips of fleece, and cut fringes on the ends to make scarves, and then embroidered each kids initials on them.

I know, I know, it's not much, and I don't even know if it's that cute, but I tried, and I felt good for doing so.  Thank you Tammy for inspiring me, Love you! 

Hannah, and Avery modeling their scarves.  Of course they had to have matching ones.
And here is Deacon with his monster truck scarf.  Don't you love that little hat of his?  My friend Stacey's mother-in-law makes those.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute scarfs! Reminds me of one I got a few years back. It's two pieces of fleece sewn right down the middle and then snip it across the width up to your sewn line and then the whole length of the scarf is fringy and so warm too! I'm not sure the boys would like one like that, but it's super cute for girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are just too lovely - love you so much too! An absolutely adorable idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are super-cute. Heck, I'd take one for myself. Don't underestimate yourself... you are very creative as well.

    ReplyDelete